USEPA Region 7 has adopted the concept of Sub-area plans. The Sub-area plan takes smaller areas within Region 7 and develops a plan specific to that geographical area. Presently three Sub-area's have been approved and plans completed.
CENTRAL KANSAS SUB-AREA PLAN [PDF]
This sub area is defined as the counties of Barton, Rice, Stafford, and Reno in Kansas
QUAD CITIES SUB-AREA PLAN [PDF]
This Sub-area is defined as Scott County, IA and Rock Island County, IL
OMAHA/COUNCIL BLUFFS SUB-AREA PLAN [PDF]
This Sub-area is defined as Cass, Douglas, Sarpy and Washington Counties in Nebraska and Pottawatamie and Mills Counties, Iowa
GREATER ST.LOUIS SUB-AREA PLAN [PDF]
This Sub-area is defined as Madison, Monroe, and St.Clair Counties, Illinois; Jefferson, St.Charles and St.Louis Counties, and the City of St.Louis, Missouri\
Great Rivers Sub-Area Contingency Plan
The Great Rivers Sub-Area Contingency Plan (GRSACP) is a collaborative effort of federal and state agencies, emergency managers, and local emergency responders from within the geographic area surrounding the confluence of the Mississippi and Ohio Rivers.
This Plan is not intended to supplant any local, state, regional, or national level response or contingency plan. Rather, it should be reviewed in conjunction with the relevant regional, state, and local plans. It is designed as a tool and source of information for first responders facing the unique physical conditions and blend of governmental jurisdictions within the Great Rivers Sub-Area. The Sub-Area includes the following counties:
- In Arkansas: Mississippi County
- In Illinois: Alexander, Hardin, Jackson, Massac, Pope, Pulaski, Randolph, and Union Counties
- In Kentucky: Ballard, Carlisle, Crittenden, Fulton, Hickman, Livingston, McCracken, Marshall, and Union Counties
- In Missouri: The Bootheel Local Emergency Planning District (LEPD) (Dunklin, Mississippi, New Madrid, Pemiscot, Scott, and Stoddard Counties); Southeast Missouri LEPD (Bollinger, Cape Girardeau, Madison, Iron, Perry, Saint Francois, and Sainte Genevieve Counties); and Ozark Foothills LEPD (Butler, Carter, Reynolds, Ripley, and Wayne Counties)
- In Tennessee: Lake, Dyer and Lauderdale Counties.